Thursday 28 January 2016

and we're off!

Work finished, emails sent, house cleaned (!), everything plus the kitchen sink packed and a fond farewell said to the cat ( naturally, she will be in charge whilst I am away...)

For those of you who haven't realised, Terry and I are off on an India textile and cycling adventure for the next few weeks. So why not come along with us as we explore the rich heritage of India, hunting out fabric and printing workshops, visiting iconic sites, eating all manner of foods, meeting the locals and wildlife?  I can promise you a feast of inspirational photographs and not only of my feet, doors and floors!

Given our somewhat hit and miss record of getting to places on time/ the first time, we left nothing to chance and booked a local Fleet taxi driver to ensure we and our luggage made it to T3 on time.  As with all taxi drivers he had some pithy remarks and a dubious taste in music but otherwise I would recommend him.  Actual, I'll go one better than that and same I am willing to go on holiday with him!  Yep, Mike will be flying out in two weeks to join up with us in Mysore and cycling through Kerela too.  More fool him ....


Here we are, looking a tad wired it has to be said ( queens of the last moment and all that!) but smiling and ready for an adventure.


Luggage dropped off it was time to explore.  So much gin on offer, it was difficult to choose, but we managed ( as you knew we would) and we're entertained in the process by a very friendly assistant!


But given I'd not had lunch the G&T will had to wait so I made do with Pret picnic and look forward to being served one when I am a on board 😎


No comments:

Post a Comment