Monday 1 June 2015

So long, farewell, I need to say goodbye...

The time has come to pack my bags.  Every last thing squeezed in to every last space.  Remind me next time not to bring so much stuff...then perhaps I'll have room for all I bought!


That way I shall avoid another worrying moment when I am told 'your bags are too heavy' by the grim faced check-in staff.  A bit of a wobble, I must admit, but a problem solved when your new friends come to the rescue, thank goodness for weight sharing.  Phew, everything on board.


In Kuala Lumpur I even make my connecting flight - right gate and on time :-) 

 
Despite being waylaid, but not tempted, by a FABRIC shop in the middle of the airport!  A lot of quilters must pass through KL!


And then, before I know it, it raining and I am back at T4, with a welcome from KONE to bring me back to the ground.

Terry was there to meet me and take me home.  A friend who gets up to meet your red-eye flight on a Sunday is truly the very best of friends - thank you x

There was a welcome message waiting for me at home too

 

And I think Magic was pleased to see me even if she did

 
look a bit disappointed I didn't bring her a new basket ( Magic, I did try.  But imagine just how more grumpy the check-in staff would have been if I had!). Perhaps she'll be happy with some of the crinkly packaging, that usually does the trick :-)

Vietnam was everything, and more, that I had hoped it would be.  I have learnt so much about a beautiful country, and about myself too.  I missed a flight, but found a country. I was stranded at an airport in a monsoon, but took a taxi.  I cycled a mountain, all by myself, and didn't fall off my bike once.

A year in the planning, three weeks in the living, new friends made, loved ones remembered; a lifetime of memories stored.

Thank you for coming along with me on my adventure, I hope you have enjoyed reading what I've been up to and seeing all the places I have visited.  I enjoyed sharing it all with you and reading your comments.  And before I forget - Congratulations to Claire, she wins the mystery fruit prize, so I have a little durian inspired gift ready and waiting for you ;-)
 
Is this the end of an adventure?

Not likely, it's just the start! There's a whole world out there, ready and waiting.  Life is an adventure and I plan to live it well.

Next year I fancy cycling Kerela and the south west coast of India - anyone fancy coming along for the ride?? It.l be with Exodus again so follow the link and take a look... go on, you know you want to ;-)

http://www.exodus.co.uk/india-holidays/cycling/cycle-kerala-tropical-india/mik


No comments:

Post a Comment