Monday 27 February 2017

Good morning Vietnam

Yes, I know I used the same title last time I landed in Ho Chi Mihn, but it still makes me smile.  So...warm and humid when I made it out of the airport to be met by my guide for the next 7 days - Tan.  A half hour drive through the city - can there really be even more scooters than last time?- to the hotel Northern.


Just an average kinda place, bit sad there were no water lilies to greet me, but


I was so glad to see that bed....


Quick travellers tip: suitcase too large for now?  Pack it out with air filled bubble wrap care of the renowned internet store that packages everything so well, in this case my new cycle helmet!

It was dusk by the time I woke, so after a quick shower I headed off out for a stroll and dinner.  

 

 I passed up the street food for now; take a close look behind the vendor, see the guys eating?


I passed up this option too,


and settled for a bowl of pho with chicken.


There's lots of colourful lights strung all around


and crowds gather to enjoy the evening atmosphere.  It's a very young country, where ever you look there are crowds of young people just hanging out doing their own thing,


who needs restaurants when a street picnic will make the perfect place for a girly catchup?


There does seem to be even more scoters on the road this time, if that is at all possible, 2,3,4 on the bike.  No problem!














No comments:

Post a Comment