Saturday 30 July 2016

Keep on peddling!

People deal with grief in many different ways; after Ken died in November 2014 I bought myself a bike and took up pedalling.  

Its been neatly three year and I've covered several 1000 miles: as well as round and about the Hampshire countryside I've also cycled round London through the night, all the way from London to Brighton, braved the heat cycling from the south to North Vietnam and again cycling through tropical India and Kerela. Last year I also did the LondonPrudential 100 and as with many if my rides I was raising money for charities that supported us when we needed help the most. 

Pedalling all those miles has helped. The grief doesn't go away, I don't think it ever will, but turning those pedals and being outside gave me the time and space to learn how to cope, how to reset my life and find a new way to live. 
 
And now I'm back riding again, but this time I'm doing the 100 just for me - no one else, just for me, just because I can. 


Wish me luck!



No comments:

Post a Comment