Friday 15 May 2015

Not quite Waitrose

I spent the evening strolling the night markets of Siem Reap.  Despite my dislike of shopping at home I always enjoy seeing what other country's shopping habits are!  I don't think Waitrose has anything to fear...

 
 
 
  
There was stall after stall selling 'silk' scarves or pashmina and you have to wonder about how the silk worms can keep up.  But I admire the confidence of one lady because when I wavered over the 'silk' aspect she produced a cigarette lighter and set about showing me how I could be sure.  Reader, I bought the scarf, in fact I bought two, so A, you can have a choice!  

I am even getting better at haggling and walking away.  Surprising what you can learn in a few short days.


Anyway, enough of shopping, I spotted this guy and 'though what on earth??!'

 
I walked on, and discovered more and more of these tanks...so if you can't beat them, you'd better join them!  Best $2 I have spent.  I couldn't stop laughing for the first 5 minutes, but then the tag line for the stall was ' if our fish don't make you happy we'll give you your money back'. Bet they make a fortune.


My feet feel pretty soft and some days I surprise myself too.

No comments:

Post a Comment