Tuesday 12 May 2015

So, the adventure begins...


“Remember to look up at the stars and not down at your feet. Try to make sense of what you see and wonder about what makes the universe exist. Be curious. And however difficult life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. 
It matters that you don't just give up.”
Stephen Hawking


Here I am, at T4, all checked in and ready to go.  The aeroplane has just rolled up,  so it shouldn't be too long before we can board.  Now I am beginning to feel excited, up until now I was just working my way through a huge list of 'things to do'!


 So how did I end up here, waiting to board a flight to Cambodia?  

Last year I woke up one morning in late winter and thought...I am going to cycle through Vietnam, and here I am, going via Cambodia - it's there, so why not?  Until that moment I hadn't really cycled, except to Waitrose, and back.  But as Becs said 'well, that's a start'.  And it was, of an adventure with a beginning and no end, mostly on two wheels and often with a friend.  But for the moment this first big adventure is just me, by myself.  Just to see if I can.




1 comment: