Friday 5 February 2016

Wishing upon the stars?

Today, once again, we had a ringside view of Indian life,


There aren't enough jobs in India, so even the most meanial jobs are done by hand.  I think sweeping the road must be one of the most thankless tasks going.


I knew cows were sacred and had the run of the place but did you know that pigeons were sacred too??


Apparently so, as well as buying food for sacred cows you can feed the sacred pigeons too...

When I saw we had a visit to the Observatory in Jaipur on the proposed itinerary I wasn't too keen.  But after an amazing morning it goes to show that you shouldn't be so quick to turn an experience down.  Especially if you have a guide who knows his stuff.


Jantar Mantar is one of several observatory built in and around India.  If you want to know more look at good old Wiki :https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jantar_Mantar_(Jaipur), otherwise just enjoy my photographs.

All these are the origional instruments, it messes with my mind to know how they managed to work everything out and build them so accurately.




















And just so you know, I checked some of them out, and you know what?  They were accurate!



No comments:

Post a Comment